“Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of ten of those wonderful Things. Then share the Wonderfulness with others.”
I love this idea. Maybe it’s because it’s in step with our Unicorns Fart Glitter hop… Maybe it’s because there just seems to be SO many things to be stressed out over… Or, maybe it’s because I like happy things! When I first read about it, I thought, Oh, I’ll join up next weekend.
But, why not now? I have plenty to be thankful for right here, right now.
So, here goes:
1) Modern Medicine. The science behind taking a woman of my age, with my fertility history, and rendering me unable to bear more children. Freeing my husband and I to enjoy the rest of our lives together as intimately as we dare without fear of adding more family members to our household than we can handle.
2) My Children. If there’s one thing that taking away possibilities does, it makes sure you take a hard look at what you DO have. Now that there will never, ever be a chance for us to have more biological children, I am so incredibly grateful for the 4 I do have.
3) My Captain. He’s been so doting during the past few days. Through my surgery and recovery, he’s taken care of me, the kids, and, for the most part, the house. Dare I say, he’s almost better than I am at this whole ‘running the house’ thing!
4) This Moose. LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS! I love stuffed animals.
5) THE INTERNET. OMG, how bored would I be, sitting in bed with no one to talk to but myself these past 3 days?!
And because of the internet, I have
6) An online community to be thankful for. A group of women who totally understand my desire to write and share. Stories that echo my sentiments, test my empathy, and broaden my perspectives on everything from fashion to politics to parenting.
7) Rice krispy treats. Yumm. We never make them, because we eat the entire batch in the same day. But, really, they don’t keep well anyway. Who wants a stale krispy treat? Captain has made two batches since Wednesday and we. just. keep. eating. them.
8) My new blog design. Yessss, shameless plug, BUT, I have been WAITING to get my page just so, and I think I’ve finally done it.
9) The Seahawks Superbowl Win. I know a lot of people don’t care, or don’t like the Seahawks, but I grew up in a football crazed home, and married a football crazed man, so having our home team win, after being staunch fans through their worst seasons, was just an awesome thing to watch.
10) Water. Random? Yes. Necessary? Yes. Overlooked? Always.
What things are you thankful for?